As the state of Kentucky eases their shelter-in-place restrictions due to COVID-19, the Lexington-based West Sixth Brewing Company recently announced the reopening of the taproom in their hometown and their West Sixth Farm location in Frankfort.
The Main Brewery & Taproom in Lexington is reopened with the following hours:
Monday thru Friday: 3 PM – 9 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 12 PM – 9 PM
For food, Smithtown is open. They’ll have QR codes on each table for you to see the menu and all you have to do is order online and indicate what table no. you are sitting at (on your beer flag!). They’ll bring the food right out to you.
While the company’s West Sixth Farm location has been closed, the brewery’s team worked hard on the grounds, and it looks as beautiful as ever. Visit westsixth.com/farmtrailmap to check out all the property has to offer.
The West Sixth Farm location in Frankfort has reopened with the following hours:
Friday: 4 PM – 9 PM
Saturday: 1 PM – 9 PM
Sunday: 1 PM – 8 PM
For food, Los Tres Locos and their delicious taco food truck will be on site on Saturdays only. Guests are encouraged to bring their own food on Fridays and Sundays.
West Sixth Brewing is easing into this next stage in the safest way possible — both for their staff as well as their customers.
West Sixth is focused on sanitization, distance, and the guidelines provided to us by the state and the CDC. With that in mind, the brewery has placed the following procedures for customers visiting their reopened locations:
- FRESH AIR FLOW We’ll be opening our open-air beer garden, patio, and an extension of the patio down the sidewalk of Bellaire Ave. Our interior taproom will be closed to start, with the exception of restroom access. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted at our outdoor host stand, where we will direct you to a table on a first come, first serve basis — no reservations. If we’re full, we’ll get your number and ask you to wait in the car until when we have a spot open.
- DISTANCE Please maintain a 6 ft. distance between you and other groups and individuals at all times. Tables are spread out to facilitate this, and we have some colorful tape on the floors to keep folks in these spaces for necessary movement.
- SANITIZATION Is our #1 priority. We will wear gloves as needed, and wash our hands frequently, sanitizing all surfaces between orders and patrons. Our staff will be wearing masks at all times. We’ll continue to clean our taproom every night as we always have. Restrooms will be disinfected on the hour. We will be utilizing plastic cups for all draft beers.
- CAPACITY Our table sizes are reduced, and we ask that folks join us in groups of 6 or less. Tables are fixed, and all customers must have a seat and remain seated. Children must stay at tables. If it rains, we’ll have a holding space in the Barrel Room for you to hang while we bring you your check if the rain isn’t passing. We will not waive our distance guidelines to cram people indoors if it rains — sorry!
- BEERS We’ll come to you! You’ll be waited on by our bar staff — no need to go to the bar. We have some handy ‘flags’ on each table to indicate when you’re ready for more beers. You can visit our tap list online, scan the QR code on the table, or grab a paper menu if needed. Paper menus will also serve as a to-go beer form, where you can write down any crowlers or packaged beer you’d like to take home. When you arrive, we’ll swipe a credit card to open a tab and give it back to you.
- MASK UPAll customers must wear masks when they are 1) In the taproom, ordering or waiting in line 2) When walking to/using the restroom 3) When ordering from our food truck friends, and 4) when not seated if you are under the pavilion. We’re asking for you to not only protect yourself, but others who may be more vulnerable than you. Thanks for your cooperation. We’ll have disposable masks available if you don’t have one. Our staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- CURBSIDE & TO-GO You can still visit westsixth.com/curbside to place your pickup order, or we will have designated spots where you can drop by and call your order in. Our times have shifted to just correspond to our opening hours — if the taproom is open, so is curbside. Our friends at Smithtown will also still have food To-Go for you to enjoy at home!
For the latest information regarding the brewery’s guidelines for COVID-19, visit westsixth.com/covid19.