Great Lakes Brewing Co. (GLBC) recently announced their lineup for 2020. Some of the highlights from their announcement includes canning Dortmunder Gold Lager, Great Lakes IPA, and Mexican Lager with Lime, as well as two new Legendary Series offerings and a Limited Release bottle series.
For those of you familiar, you know that it’s a long awaited treat. GLBC will finally be canning their award-winning flagship Dortmunder Gold Lager. To complete this exciting move, the beer will have a refreshed label. Both their cans and bottles will sport new artwork that celebrates Dortmunder Gold’s winning legacy, balanced crowd-pleasing flavor, and GLBC’s Cleveland roots.
Two other GLBC favorites, Great Lakes IPA and Mexican Lager with Lime, will also be joining Dortmunder with their debut in cans this year. Great Lakes IPA was originally released in 2019 as a celebration of the brewery’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) announcement. It’s bright, citrusy, dry-hopped American IPA that was fitting to celebrate the good news. Mexican Lager with Lime is brewed with real lime peel and purée, creating an incredible taste for this Mexican Lager. It had became an instant hit when it debuted as part of GLBC’s 2019 Small Batch Can Series, so it was a no-brainer for the Cleveland brewery to incorporate it as a seasonal offering this year.
Beginning Q2, 2020, Dortmunder Gold Lager and Great Lakes IPA will be available in 6-pack 12 oz cans and 12-pack 12 oz cans. Dortmunder Gold Lager will also be available in 16 oz cans. On the other hand, Mexican Lager with Lime will be available in cans as a seasonal offering in Q2. You can find it in 6-pack 12 oz cans and 12-pack 12 oz cans.
In addition to the new additions to their cans lineup, GLBC’s Bierwolf Dunkleweizen and Siren Shores Passion Fruit Saison both join the brewing company’s Legendary Series, which pairs mythological stories with premium styles and ingredients. Their legendary series is available in 4-packs.
Bierwolf Dunkelweizen is set to release this month and is brewed with cold brew coffee, chocolate, and orange peel, transforming a once traditional brew into a “hauntingly decadent hybrid.”
Siren Shores Passion Fruit Saison will be released in May. When enjoying the beer, you’ll dive into an effervescent maelstrom of sweet passionfruit, zesty spices from the Saison-style, and tempting tropical fruit aromas. Needless to say, both will be ones that you’ll want to snatch up if given the chance.
GLBC didn’t stop there. They’ll also be adding a new, limited release bottle series to their lineup. Their goal is to continue celebrating fresh styles and ingredients. The trio that is set to join GLBC’s portfolio brings their brewpub’s experimental spirit to 6-packs and on draft through their distribution footprint. The 2020 releases for this series featuring fresh, unique, one-off beers will include a Hazy IPA release in March, Lemon Hefeweizen in April, and Smash IPA in June. These are three solid, fresh, and fun beers to kick off the new series.
Here’s a comprehensive breakdown of the Great Lakes Brewing Co. 2020 beer release schedule:
- Dortmunder Gold Lager
- Eliot Ness Amber Lager
- Holy Moses White Ale
- Burning River Pale Ale
- Great Lakes IPA
- Commodore Perry IPA
- Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
- Dortmunder Gold Lager (6-Pack 12 oz. Cans, 12-Pack 12 oz. Cans, 16 oz. Cans; Year-Round, releasing Q2, 2020)
- Great Lakes IPA (6-Pack 12 oz. Cans, 12-Pack 12 oz. Cans; Year-Round, releasing Q2, 2020)
- Mexican Lager with Lime (6-Pack 12 oz. Cans, 12-Pack 12 oz. Cans; Seasonal, available Q2, 2020)
- Conway’s Irish Ale (6-Pack, 12-Pack, Draft)
- Bierwolf Dunkelweizen (NEW! Legendary Series 4-Pack, Draft)
- Chillwave Double IPA (Legendary Series 4-Pack, Draft)
- Hazy IPA (NEW! Limited Release Series 6-Pack, Draft)
- Lemon Hefeweizen (NEW! Limited Release Series 6-Pack, Draft)
- Siren Shores Passion Fruit Saison (NEW! Legendary Series 4-Pack, Draft)
- SMASH IPA (NEW! Limited Release Series 6-Pack, Draft)
- Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA (Legendary Series 4-Pack, Draft)
- Oktoberfest (6-Pack, 12-Pack, Draft)
- Nosferatu Imperial Red Ale (Legendary Series 4-Pack, Draft)
- Ohio City Oatmeal Stout (6-Pack, 12-Pack, Draft)
- Christmas Ale (6-Pack, 12-Pack, Draft)
- Blackout Stout (Legendary Series 4-Pack)